Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Where oh where is my spring?






Can you say blahhhh? This is the time of year when nothing is much fun. Most people are sick of the weather, sick of being cold and sick of each other.

I for one would love to have some 70 degree days, wind blowing in my hair, playing outside with the children, gardening or riding on my new bike. Yes, to confirm all rumors my dear hubbster bought me my own motorcycle. A picture will be included :) This is a love hate purchase. I will LOVE having my own ride and that independence and sheer bliss of riding is almost unmatchable. But, I love riding behind my hubby, feeling him pat my leg as we ride taking in all the sights together. He bought me the bike back in January but it is still at the shop waiting to be picked up, better weather, need to lower it some. So patience I must have.

Spring break is almost here and I can honestly say I am really ready for it. I welcome the break from college work and home schooling as I have several projects to work on that can only be accomplished with a week off. Hannah is moving into a new room and it needs to be finished painting. Her old room needs a fresh coat of paint and the hallway desperately needs some painting so I will spend the week painting, painting and then for something new and refreshing....PAINTING!

I have been able to talk to Garrett about 3 times now. I miss him loads but I know he is quickly becoming a man. He even sounds different. I am taking some time later today to write him another letter. The weather is nasty outside with a little snow and lots of packed ice underneath.

Violin and piano lessons were cancelled today so we did a more full day of school and I have had time to tackle the laundry and even fit in some ironing. Why oh why do I like cotton clothes so much? I mean seriously now who in their right mind has 10 children with 7 still at home and chooses to wear cotton clothes that need to be ironed? If I were not so picky I would just take them out of the dryer and hang them up and wear them as is. But, I was raised by older parents and a grandma that ironed everything ! I can still see her with a little glass bottle and a stopper on the top that was made with sprinkler holes. She would shake the water on the clothes and iron them so neat. Every pillowcase was hand embroidered and starched stiff but it always felt so nice to sleep on; fresh feeling. Grandma always put nice touches on everything.

Talking about my grandma makes me want to go knit. I was able to finish another hat and am ready to work on some socks now. The picture of the red hat that Miriam is modeling is one of the last ones I made. I love those little take along projects that I can fit into a small bag and take to music lessons, Dr. appointments and so forth. Sure does beat the crazy reading material offered and I just like the fact that these little projects are something that I can finish quickly and get some satisfaction in the journey of motherhood that I have accomplished something :)

Dearest Destini turns 11 tomorrow and I can hardly believe she has blessed my life for 8 years already. I will always remember the day she came with her sad little face, broken heart and untrusting spirit. Oh what a miracle God has done in her life and for that I am truly thankful. I will be taking her out on our special birthday outing and look forward to spending it with her.

I included some pictures of the children having fun in the last snow, pictures of Hannah and Noah practicing violin together and some fun photos of playdough creations ( a minature playdough scene) we made during our fun time. Enjoy!

The rest of the week is looking to be fairly uneventful. Tom wants to have a date night Friday and go shoot some pool (which I love to do) and Saturday is a buckwheat cakes dinner at the fire hall that I need to help with.

Maybe next week I can find spring!

1 comment:

  1. spring was at my house yesterday. I will tell it needs to come to yours. OK?

    ReplyDelete