Thursday, January 27, 2011



A somewhat quiet day today. We finished school early and the children wanted to play outside. I have to admit it is nice that they can all get themselves mostly dressed for snow play. My days of taking an hour to get each one dressed are about gone. You know for me it was "ok now lets get them in snow pants, jackets, gloves, scarves, hats".... and then just as the last one is dressed the first one would come in and say they lost a hat, mitten, glove, then I would get that taken care of sit down with a cup of tea then... someone is at the door again "mom I have to pee" ok back off with the pants, jacket, scarf, hat, gloves (whoever though it was a good idea to make gloves for little hands should be spanked! You know they want to wear them and it takes FOREVER to get their little hands in the correct holes.) :) you get the drift here. I would often get hysterical with laughter bacause all these moms would tell me how nice it was to get this break when theier children would go outside to play. I really dont' know what that is...something you eat?

I did have some time to tackle my mountain of paperwork for homeschool. The lists for what books I need to buy for next year are close to being finished, new insureance cards are ready to be put into the vehicles and Noah made me lunch. Does it really get any better than this?

At hump day and for some reason I have been tried more spiritually these last two weeks than I have been in quiet some time. Finally received Garretts address so now I can send him some encouragement! I can't even imagine what he is going through right now.

I posted a picture of a jewelry box he made for his girlfriend. Tom helped him some but he had in mind what he wanted and worked to make it happen. Also is a picture of my dear grandpumpkin. I just love being a grammy!

Here's to hoping the rest of the week holds some blessings and lots less stress not just for me but for all who read life in the big house!

No comments:

Post a Comment